Press Release For Immediate Circulation
Toronto – September 13, 2010
First launched in September 2005, the Out-of-Home Marketing Association of Canada (OMAC) was created through the vision and cooperation of the 5 founding members Astral Out-of-Home, CBS Outdoor, Pattison Outdoor, NEWAD and Zoom Media. Through subsequent growth, they were joined by Lamar Transit, Metromedia Plus, OBN and Titan 360.
“Over the past 5 years, OMAC members have invested over $4 million on research, education and other initiatives to advance the OOH industry, and to increase understanding of OOH among agencies and advertisers,” said Rosanne Caron, President of OMAC.
OMAC initiatives include:
- Multiple research studies that provide insight into changing consumer lifestyles and media habits, OOH’s value in a media mix and a benchmark study on digital OOH
- Development of educational programs for agencies and advertisers which have been provided at no cost to over 1000 people
- A dedicated full-time resource based in Quebec to provide educational programs and other OOH support
- Development of customized training programs for schools that offer marketing and advertising programs
- OMAC's website (omaccanada.ca), serves as a central resource for information on OOH: searchable case study and creative libraries, industry facts and stats, an interactive mapping system and a microsite that showcases international award-winning OOH creative
- OMAC has worked with member and other stakeholders on liasing with government bodies on regulatory matters
Despite the recent challenging advertising climate, OOH’s advertising revenue has grown over 21% from 2005 to 2009, according to Nielsen Media Research.
OMAC (omaccanada.ca) is responsible for promoting the benefits and effectiveness of out-of-home media to advertisers and advertising agencies. OMAC seeks to develop and implement new initiatives that serve as a resource to the industry and increase understanding of out-of-home media. OMAC members include Astral Out-of-Home, CBS Outdoor, Lamar Transit, Metromedia Plus, NEWAD, Outdoor Broadcast Network, Pattison Outdoor, Titan 360 and Zoom Media. OMAC members support the communities they do business in by donating more than $10 million annually in advertising space for charities and non-profit organizations.
For more information please contact:
Marketing and Communications Director